2.9.13

Canada and Peaches

Nestled along the south-east edge of Okanagan Lake in British Columbia, is a little slice of paradise called Naramata.  Long-time family friends David and Kathy moved there about twenty years ago, and since then my family and I have been making the occasional summer visit.  I quickly fell in love with this place as a child and always look forward to returning.  Last month I took two weeks off work to drive up with my family.  

David and Kathy's home, overlooking the lake and vineyards, complete with an organic peach orchard (the best peaches I've ever tasted!) and an amazing garden has always felt like the closest place to paradise I'll ever experience.  While there we enjoyed an abundance of peaches, daily garden-fresh meals, and lots of much-needed relaxation time.  Peach margaritas and lake swimming made up a perfect last hurrah of summer. 

No comments: