29.10.12

WEEKEND AT HOME

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a huge grandma when it comes to weekend happenings (and just about everything else). Convincing me to do anything that isn't either relaxing or productive during my free time is usually a big task. The craziness of the past few weeks has left me with almost no time at home, so by the time this weekend rolled around all I could think about was lazing around the house and checking off some of the long-overdue items on my to-do list.  I spent a good amount of time outside in the garden (mostly fending off pests- cabbage worms have become my arch nemesis) and organizing/cleaning in the kitchen. I finally jarred and labeled my loose herbs and teas (see above photo).

I also made some porcelain beads which I'm really excited about and will post about later provided that they come out of the kiln unharmed.

And now here's an unrelated picture of Nina because she's too cute and I can't help it:

With a clean kitchen, of course now I have the itch to bake and mess it all up. Here are a few recipes I'd like to try:

1. Apple Galette from 3191 Miles Apart
2. Pumpkin Pie (with fresh pumpkin!) from Reading My Tea Leaves
3. Apple Chips from The Little Red House
4. Blackberry Rhubarb Crisp from Apt. 2B Baking Co.

No comments: